Thursday 17 June 2010

Kurdish Shred Music

The Saz is a hugely popular instrument all across Turkey, i played one once and i fucking sucked at it - turns out that's because i can't SHRED. The Kurds can shred though, and its amazing. Most Saz music is pretty boring, but the Kurds seem to like distortion pedals and having three drummers. THREE. That's as many as slipknot.

Check this out, Bismilli Ceto (Shred) and Hozan Muzaffer (Hollering) playing what i think is a traditional song because ive heard other versions of it. It is awesome.



Now check out Grani Tufan busting out some palm muting and endless shred ontop of a sick beat.



Finally, this is wedding music apparently. I hope my wedding is like this. Super repetitive, super distorted, super shred. I think this is Grani Tufan too.


What i'm trying to get across here is that Kurds can SHRED. And it is so good.

1 comment:

  1. I read this article. I think You put a lot of effort to create this article. I appreciate your work. mother son wedding dances

    ReplyDelete